How has 2017 been treating you so far?
Are you crushing your goals and dreams, or are you simply going through the motions? Do you wake up motivated each and every day, or do you dread the mornings because it means you have to travel to a dead-end job for yet another workday?
Whether the case, we are about to unleash some advice, and this advice should be followed if you want to change your life for the better in 2017.
How You Can Change Your Life For The Better In 2017
- Figure out what you are passionate about, and then find a way to make a living off of this passion.
- Get very detailed when it comes to your goals and dreams. For example, if your plan is to make more money in 2017, then come up with an actual figure, and also incorporate a deadline. Apply this method to all of your goals.
- Learn how to cut out the distractions when you are working. So many people say they don’t have enough hours in the day to get done with everything they need to get done. To those people, we say this: If you start cutting out the distractions, then you will become more productive, which should lead to your work getting done faster, and that will lead to you having more time every day. If you are working, turn your phone on silent, shut the door and don’t browse the internet. Focus on the task at hand, and nothing else.
- End toxic relationships and mindsets. There is no room for negative people or habits in your life.
- Surround yourself with successful people. After all, you become who you closely associate with.
- Fall in love with learning/knowledge. Further your learning by reading and going to conferences/events.
- Find a mentor. The information you will learn from a mastermind of your field — you know, a mentor — will be invaluable. This alone could get you ahead of the competition.
- Start taking care of your mind, body and soul. Incorporate a healthy lifestyle that features healthy eating and physical activity. On top of that, do the things you love to do, and keep your mind fresh by incorporating breaks and downtime (yes, this should be a daily occurrence).
- Don’t be afraid to take risks. If you play it safe all of the time, you will never reach your full potential in the success department.
- No more excuses. In fact, from this day forward, excuses should be a thing of the past.
- Spend your free time more wisely. Instead of taking the entertainment route, which consists of watching TV and playing on your phone, spend your free time working on passion projects, reading, hanging out with friends and family, networking, etc.
- Reflect. If you don’t analyze what you are doing wrong and right, then you will never improve.
- Believe in yourself. If you don’t, then no one else will.
- Take action today, not tomorrow, and especially not next week. There will never be a perfect time to get started.
To learn more about Kevin Harrington, make sure you like him on Facebook, follow him on Twitter and check him out on LinkedIN. You can also check out more blogs by following this link.