No matter how much success you gain during this lifetime, you will likely still battle with the occasional funk. For some people, these funks can be devastating. For others, they can be broken with a few small changes.
The best way to eliminate funks altogether is by doing work you want to do, and by becoming the person you were meant to be. If you are working at your dream job and still battling funks, then you are still normal — trust us. And for those people, we are about to unleash some simple — yet effective — ways you can break out of a funk.
Simple Yet Effective Ways Successful People Can Break Out Of A Funk
- Listen to music. Music is a very powerful thing, and a single play of a song can alter any mood. Therefore, if you are stuck in a rut, listen to some upbeat songs for an hour or so, think happy thoughts and then see how you feel after that.
- Go on a run, or do some form of exercise. Not only should you be exercising on a consistent basis, because that is how you become the healthiest version of yourself, but exercise alone could help you clear your head, and get the mind fresh.
- Look at the root of the problem. Why are you feeling down? Reflection is not only a great way to break out of a funk but it is also a great way to tackle the problem head-on.
- Take a trip. Sometimes, a weekend getaway, or a one-week vacation, is all you need to gain back your motivation.
- Change up your routine. New isn’t always better, but it can certainly help you change things up a bit, which could lead to you breaking out of a funk.
- Talk to someone. Venting/taking can — and will — help.
- Get inspired again by revisiting your goals/dreams, and also look at the big picture.
- Be grateful.
- Change up your scenery every now and then. For example, if you work from home, or have some flexibility with your work schedule, try working at a coffee shop instead of working at your home office.
- Read a book, an article — anything!
- Go to a conference, venture to a trade show, find a mentor. Learn something new.
- Do something fun. It can be as simple as going to the movies with friends, or something more advanced, if you will, like going on a camping trip.
- Sleep it off. Sleep is a very powerful tool, and it can help you get the mind, body and soul right.
- Take a two-day break. Yes, the name of the game with entrepreneurs is hustling, but sometimes all a person needs is a break from work. Therefore, don’t be afraid to take the weekends off every now and then.
- Hang out with the most positive people you know … not just during a funk, but all the time.
- Do things that make you happy.
To learn more about Kevin Harrington, make sure you like him on Facebook, follow him on Twitter and check him out on LinkedIN. You can also check out more blogs by following this link.