How long has it been since your last vacation, fellow entrepreneur?
If you have been hustling like a true entrepreneur, then it might have been a while. Sure, you might have been to a few states in the last month, but those trips were business related, so we aren’t going to count them. You might have even gone on a weekend getaway recently, and that could count as a vacation, but we will pose this question: Did you do work on that weekend getaway?
When’s the last time you actually went on a vacation (no, it doesn’t have to be as extravagant as leaving the country) and didn’t have to do any work? More likely than not, it has probably been a long time.
If you have seen the below signs lurking around in your life, then it might be time to plan your next getaway, a getaway that doesn’t feature any work. Now, that is easier said than done. You are an entrepreneur, after all, which means you are likely running a business or two or three, making getting away from work quite the feat. To keep your sanity, you have to get away from the office and not think about your job for an extended period of time. If you see the below signs, then you know what that means — you are due for a vacation!
“A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you’ve been taking.” — Earl Wilson
RELATED: 10 Reasons Why I’m Excited About This 10X Growth Conference. Do you want 10X success in 2017? If so, then this article has your name written all over it.
Signs That An Entrepreneur Is Due For A Vacation
- You aren’t as motivated as you were yesterday, last week or in the recent past.
- You keep daydreaming about the Bahamas, Hawaii, New York, California, the beach, the mountains or [fill in the blank].
- You haven’t gotten completely away from work in what feels like a lifetime.
- You aren’t as quick on your feet as you were in the recent past.
- You are losing passion for what you are doing.
- Your creativity is taking a hit.
- Your friends and/or family can tell you aren’t as happy or motivated as you once were.
- A prospective client or a big business deal doesn’t excite you as much as it used to.
- You aren’t hustling like you used to.
- You are making mistakes you wouldn’t typically make.
- The only thing you have been doing for an extended period of time is working.
- Everything sets you off, and you take it out on others as a result.
- You forgot what downtown feels like.
- You try to think of any other time than the present.
- You honestly can’t remember when your last day off was.
RELATED: Use These Strategies To Conquer Stress In 2017. Everyone deals with stress, but that doesn’t mean you have to stay stressed forever. Check out this article for more details.
Being an entrepreneur is not for the faint of heart. You will work a lot of hours and hustling will become second nature. Business deals will fall through, you will get yelled at, you will yell at others, every day will pose a problem that you have to solve. Being an entrepreneur is very stressful, which is why you have to take care of yourself every single day. You need to keep the mind, body and soul right/happy. You have to be in this for the long run, and you have to remember the light at the end of the tunnel is very, very bright.
“A vacation is having nothing to do and all day to do it in.” — Robert Orben
If you see any of the signs above (and there are certainly other ones as well), then it’s time to look for your next vacation destination. You need a vacation, and you deserve one!
To learn more about Kevin Harrington, make sure you like him on Facebook, follow him on Twitter and check him out on LinkedIN. You can also check out more blogs by following this link.